Raqiyyah Pippins focuses her practice in the areas of FDA food, dietary supplement, over-the-counter drug and cosmetic regulation, and FTC consumer protection and advertising law. Ms. Pippins represents companies that are engaged in the development, marketing, import and export of food, drugs, cosmetics, and medical devices. She also counsels organizations facing advertising challenges, and defends companies in investigations conducted by the FDA, FTC, and state agencies regarding product marketing practices.
Ms. Pippins has particular experience assisting companies engaged in Rx-to-OTC switches and the development of clinical and sensory studies intended to substantiate advertising claims. She is a trusted advisor of trade organizations supporting manufacturers of FDA-regulated products and is regularly invited to work directly with clients’ marketing and research and development teams to help identify marketing strategies that are consistent with the desired risk threshold for the company.
- Manufacturers of FDA-regulated products regarding effective product promotion via diverse mediums (e.g., labeling, website, television networks, social media and platforms intended for handheld-devices) while accounting for FDA, FTC, NAD, state regulation and other risk considerations.
- Manufacturer of market leading OTC allergy products in successful development and implementation of multi-faceted marketing campaigns for product portfolio, including 1st in class Rx-to-OTC switched intranasal corticorsteriod product.
- One of the largest US drugstore chains in coordinating the review of more than 600 generic brand labels, including an assessment of claim substantiation and compliance with federal labeling regulations.
- Global Fortune 500 companies and manufacturer of market leading OTC drug products in 15 challenges before the National Advertising Division (NAD) of the Advertising Self-Regulatory Council including challenges related to comparative efficacy claims, preference testing, and deceptive pricing.
- Consumer packaged goods companies with responses to FTC inquiries regarding advertising practices, including marketing claims for FDA-regulated products sold directly to consumers.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
by Raqiyyah Pippins
Raqiyyah's courses have total views