Monica Scott is a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) and is a member of the Firm's Class Action Litigation Group. Monica focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation with an emphasis on privacy issues.
Monica has successfully represented clients in many types of areas, including consumer class actions, privacy rights and call recording class actions, labor and employment class actions, franchise, products liability, securities, as well as unfair competition and related business torts.
- Litigation, Arbitration and Investigations
- Multiple national companies in class actions alleging violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act
- Several international banks and credit card companies in California call-recording class actions
- Second-chaired a four-day jury trial on behalf of a corporate plaintiff on claims for conversion and breach of contract, and thereafter obtained a finding of fraud and punitive damages against the defendant
- The former CFO of a multibillion-dollar public company, as part of the DLA Piper litigation and trial team, in SEC civil litigation
- A national electronics provider in a California consumer class action lawsuit
- A national janitorial franchise company in a wage and hour class action suit
- A national terminal operator and stevedore in a wage and hour class action lawsuit
- A national motorcycle manufacturer in a consumer class action lawsuit
During law school, Monica served as a judicial extern to the Honorable A. Wallace Tashima of the US Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit as well as a Managing Editor of the UCLA Law Review.
- J.D., University of California at Los Angeles School of Law 2009
- Managing Editor, UCLA Law Review
- B.A., Philosophy/German, University of California, Los Angeles 2004
- International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP)
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
by Monica D. Scott
Monica D.'s courses have total views