- Skilled and Experienced Trial Attorney. Over 28 years of experience defending civil litigants in diverse areas of tort law, from initial analyses of causes of action, affirmative defenses, early settlement, and potential for Alternative Dispute Resolution to jury verdict. Successfully represented clients in over 70 jury trials as first chair, 4 bench trials and numerous binding arbitrations, including personal injury auto, premises liability, dog bite cases, products liability, construction defect, construction accidents, defamation, for insurance companies, public entities and commercial defendants. Taken or defended over 2,000 depositions of parties, witnesses, and experts in numerous fields, including medicinal malpractice, personal injury, accident reconstruction, biomechanics, products liability, forensic economics, real estate finance, vocational rehabilitation, elder care, commercial property management, bicycle/motorcycle safety and life care planning. Regularly analyze medical, injury and causation issues and compensatory damages. Proven skill in defending causes of action for malice/oppression and requests for punitive damages. Regularly appear before Independent Calendar Judges for motions, hearings and trials. Successfully prepare and argue discovery and dispositive motions including Motions for Summary Judgment. Strong oral advocate. Filed briefs and participated in oral argument at the appellate level.
- Effective Supervisor. Successfully managed solo private practice with support staff. While managing a full case load, directly responsible for supervising team of trial attorneys, paralegals and other support staff. Performed evaluations and performance reviews. Trained and evaluated litigators. Recruited, hired and trained summer associates (1993-1997).
- Invited Presenter. Have served as guest presenter for Consumer Attorneys of Los Angeles Annual Convention; The Rutter Group – Personal Injury Updates – 2000-2001; CPCU San Diego Chapter –2013-2015; North County Bar Association – 2015; Personal Injury Law – From Start to
- Finish/Sterling Education - 2016.
- Business Transactions. Conduct negotiations and draft documents involving investment and production in fine art projects; Franchise Agreements; Independent Contractor and Employment Agreements.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
by Cherie A. Enge
Cherie A.'s courses have total views