BENJAMIN TANNEN, an associate in the Environmental practice group, represents clients in regulatory environmental matters and in civil and criminal environmental enforcement involving the Clean Water Act, Clean Air Act and other major federal environmental statutes and related state laws.
Representative matters include:
- Clean Water Act: Represented a large electric utility in a federal criminal investigation into discharges from coal ash basins and NPDES permit violations and in negotiating an administrative agreement with EPA to avoid federal contract debarment;
- Clean Water Act: Conducted research for an electric utility as it negotiated an administrative agreement with EPA concerning stormwater;
- Clean Air Act: Assisted an electric utility in the preparation of its response to an EPA information request;
- Clean Air Act: Represents a petroleum refinery in a federal criminal investigation into alleged Clean Air Act violations; and
- Clean Air Act and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act: Represented former owner of a chemical plant in civil settlement of statutory, regulatory, and permit violations.
Jurisdictions Admitted to Practice
District of Columbia
by Benjamin Tannen
Benjamin's courses have total views