To see our terms and conditions, click here
Last modified: September 11, 2023
FurtherEd, Inc. (d/b/a Lawline) (”Company” or “We”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.Lawline.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provides dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you use our products and services, including our AI Features.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for children under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or through any of its features, register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, comments, and postings, the times you visited the Website and any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline (“personal information”);
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as what portion of our Website you have browsed; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
- Entered into our AI Features, such as chat and prompt logs, Input logs, Output logs, Content, and anonymized usage data.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, information you post on our AI Features including Input and Output, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you fill out a CLE survey, a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for CLE and research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
- You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity). We do not collect personal information automatically, but we may tie this information to personal information about you that we collect from other sources or you provide to us.
How We Use Your Information
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To provide you with notices about your CLE credits in your applicable state(s).
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- For AI Features, to improve on the LLM we utilize.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- To allow speakers and partners of Company to communicate with you, and offer third party products and services.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third-parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To your employer if you accessed our Website through an Enterprise account created by your employer.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of FurtherEd Inc.’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by FurtherEd Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- To a third-party LLM vendor (such as OpenAI) for our AI Features.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions https://www.lawline.com/info/terms-and-conditions and Lawline Profile Terms and Conditions https://www.lawline.com/info/public-profile-terms-and-conditions and other agreements, including for billing and collection purposes.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of FurtherEd Inc., our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
We will not disclose your name and address, along with the title, description, or subject matter of any audio visual materials you have viewed on our Website, unless you opt-in to such disclosure by clicking a checkbox authorizing such disclosure or email us at email@example.com opting-in to such disclosure.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third Party Advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt-out by sending us an email with your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your email address used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by checking the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data or by sending us an email stating your request to email@example.com. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
- Disclosure of Your Information and the Courses You Have Watched. We will not disclose your name and address, along with the title, description, or subject matter of any audio visual materials you have viewed on our Website, unless you opt-in to such disclosure by clicking a checkbox authorizing such disclosure or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org opting-in to such disclosure.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: email@example.com. However, please know we do not currently sell data triggering that statute’s opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Website, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other Website users. Proper access and use of information provided on the Website, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions https://www.lawline.com/info/terms-and-conditions and Lawline Profile Terms and Conditions https://www.lawline.com/info/public-profile-terms-and-conditions.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights for more information.
Our third party LLM providers will receive details about your interactions with our AI Features to provide their services, which they may process in their legitimate business interests. Our LLM provider will not train their models on your Inputs or Outputs, per their policy.
Your user account information (e.g., username and email) is not shared with any third party LLMs or developers. Our third party LLM providers may view and store your Inputs and Outputs on their servers in order to train their models.
If you are providing us with Course Materials, the content of the Course Materials will be processed by our third party LLM provider in order to deliver AI Features.
Keep in mind, any information you provide to the AI Features will be shared with third party LLM providers and developers powering the AI Features, and you must not share any confidential information, sensitive information, or personal information with the AI Features.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://www.lawline.com/info/california-privacy-policy.
California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83) permits users of our App that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com or write us at: Attn: Michele Richman, FurtherEd Inc., 228 Park Ave. S., PMB 81742, New York, NY 10003-1502.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Lawline takes the topics of security and privacy very seriously. It is our priority to protect the data we work with. Below is a list of steps we take to ensure all data is kept safe.
- Background checks completed on all new and prospective employees
- Assign roles and responsibilities
- Security policies are reviewed and accepted by all relevant team members
- Following SOC2 Type II Framework
- System hosted by SOC2 Type II Compliant Cloud Hosting Service
- Data hosted by SOC2 Type II Compliant Cloud Hosting Service
- Regularly scheduled vulnerability scanning
- Logging and monitoring of cloud services
- access to cloud infrastructure is limited to authorized employees
- password requirements are put In place for employees
- password management policy is in place
- Annual risk assessment and vendor review process
- Cyber security council in place meets monthly to review security risks