Jessica Cohen focuses on intellectual property and technology issues in a wide variety of transactions, including licensing and development agreements, outsourcing agreements, service agreements, strategic alliances, and mergers and acquisitions. As part of Skadden’s Intellectual Property and Technology Group, Ms. Cohen counsels clients both large and small on intellectual property protection and ownership issues, and technology implementation and maintenance issues. Ms. Cohen also advises clients on general commercial contract issues, including those arising in manufacturing and supply arrangements.
Projects on which Ms. Cohen has worked include representing:
- The McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc. in a series of HR outsourcing arrangements with various providers;
- Citicorp North America, Inc. in a multiyear arrangement with HCL Technologies Ltd. for the construction and maintenance of a captive facility in India;
- Zynga Inc. in negotiations with Facebook regarding use of the Facebook platform;
- The Middleby Corporation in various arrangements for the licensing and development of industrial conventional and microwave oven technology;
- The Coca-Cola Company in multiyear IT and financial services arrangements relating to its Philippines bottling joint venture with Coca-Cola FEMSA, S.A.B. de C.V.;
- Dow Corning Corporation in various arrangements for the supply of silicon metal;
- The NASDAQ Stock Market, Inc. in its $3.7 billion acquisition of the Nordic exchange operator OMX and the related multiyear global licensing of certain technology and trade- marks to Borse Dubai; and
- Citigroup Inc. in a multiyear $500 million deal to outsource technology infrastructure and application development services to Wipro Limited.
Ms. Cohen serves on the advisory board for the Center for Family Life in Sunset Park, a neighborhood-based family and social services organization dedicated to improving the lives of residents in Sunset Park, Brooklyn.