Wrongful Termination & Best Practices for Effective Workplace Investigations in Virginia
Created on February 11, 2019
Investigations are part-and-parcel of the human resources industry. Are your clients conducting them as well as they could? Come review the basics, discuss best practices, and learn how to handle the unexpected from an employment attorney's perspective.
This course, presented by Employment Law attorney Jacquelyn Thompson of FordHarrison LLP, offers an overview on how to protect against wrongful termination lawsuits in Virginia. One of the best ways to do this is by conducting thorough investigations into workplace conduct. For experienced practitioners and those entering the field of employment law, this course outlines a realistic approach to assisting your clients through the landmines of internal investigations.
- Identify common mistakes in investigations
- Determine what steps to take when planning the investigation
- Discuss best practices for your interviewing strategy
- Examine how to handle common issues with confidentiality
- Review proper responses in investigations
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions