Understanding the Sale Leaseback Transaction
Created on November 28, 2017
In this course, Laura McCabe Brandt, Founding Attorney of Brandt Law PLLC, discusses the sale leaseback transaction. She'll discuss what a sale leaseback transaction is - including the basics of a commercial lease - and the circumstances of the parties that could lead to a sale leaseback transaction in the first place. Additionally, she will address the mechanics and possible pitfalls of utilizing sale leaseback transaction.
Join Ms. Brandt for a deep dive into the sale leaseback transaction and learn about this fascinating "2-in-1" property transaction!
- Address the structure and purpose of a Sale Leaseback Transaction
- Discuss the basics of a purchase/sale agreement
- Identify the components of a commercial lease
- Consider the impact on negotiations for this combined transaction as opposed to separate and distinct purchase/sale agreement and lease agreement negotiations
- Consider potential pitfalls and how to avoid or minimize such risks, based on the circumstances of the parties leading to the sale leaseback transaction
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,500+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions