Top 10 Skills You Need for Trial
Created on December 15, 2018
We all have our fears when it comes to trial. This course is intended to alleviate some of the fears that keep trial lawyer attorneys up at night. Join attorney Justin Blitz to discuss the top ten skills you need to be successful at trial.
The course will focus on civil cases brought by a plaintiff's attorney to trial. We will discuss issues on how best to prepare for trial as well as maximizing jury selection, effective openings, techniques for cross examination and evidence presentation, and other related topics. Mr. Blitz will also discuss those items that trial attorneys face during a trial that require fast and strategic thinking.
- Properly prepare for trial including deposition indexing and focus groups and their success
- Prepare your client before and after trial, including a discussion of the dangers of social media
- Develop strategies for jury selection and proper ways to communicate with jurors
- Construct effective openings, objections, witness testimonies, and summations
- Discuss openings as part of evidence at trial
- Handle scenarios such as a hostile judge (including risks of moving for a mistrial), irresponsible clients, clients with convictions, and clients with addiction issues
This course originally appeared as a part of our December 2018 Bridge the Gap Event.
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions