To Hold but Not Have – an Introduction to Drafting Prenuptial Agreements
Created on February 25, 2017
This course will provide an introduction to prenuptial agreements for practitioners. You will learn from two New York City family law attorneys, Karen M. Platt, Esq. and Joy S. Rosenthal, Esq., who prepare prenuptial agreements for their clients using different approaches.
We will explore what happens if there is no prenuptial agreement in place, how to use prenups creatively while avoiding pitfalls, when prenups are appropriate or recommended, and different processes used for creating them.
- Explore why prenuptial agreements are useful
- Examine limitations on prenuptial agreements
- Review content included regarding dissolution of a marriage by divorce or death
- Identify circumstances in which they are recommended
- Discuss strategies to ensure prenuptial agreements are enforceable
- Explore different processes used for creating prenuptial agreements
This course originally appeared as a part of our February 2017 Bridge the Gap Event.
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions