The Supreme Court Patent Roundup (2016-2017 Term)
Created on February 08, 2018
The Supreme Court continues to issue rulings in the patent space, with the 2016-2017 term being particularly prolific. Join attorney Steven Rubin as he dives into five of the latest term's patent decisions.
For each decision, he will discuss the background law and examine cases leading up to the Supreme Court's decision. Additionally, he will dissect the decisions themselves and provide guidance on the impact of these decisions and address how to practice moving forward.
- Address the scope of infringement as it relates to exportation of products
- Identify the new venue rules for filing patent infringement actions
- Explore the possible loss of the laches defense
- Clarify what types of sales may exhaust patent rights in the United States
- Ascertain what parts of a product may be used to calculate damages in a design patent case
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,500+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions