The New Immigration Policy: The "Invisible Wall"
Created on December 11, 2018
Fast-paced developments have occurred in the U.S. immigration law field over the past 12 months. This overview will outline key changes affecting immigration in the corporate and business arenas, as well as touch upon the following:
Immigration enforcement: temporary protected status (TPS), Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), and asylum applications
Policies and procedures in business visas, including H-1B, L-1 and TN NAFTA visas
Updates to the student visa regulations, including students majoring in the STEM fields, new interpretations of duration of stay, and maintenance of status
An overview of the Canadian government's recent legalization of cannabis and its impact on Canadian citizens entering the United States
Availability of waivers and the waiver process
New procedures implemented by USCIS relating to applications for adjustment of status, including in-person interviews and updates to the medical examination rules
Join attorney Roxanne Levine for this timely and important program.
- Identify key changes affecting immigration in the corporate and business arenas
- Address issues of childhood arrivals (DACA) and asylum applications
- Review updates to business and student visas
- Recognize the impact of Canada's recent cannabis law on Canadian citizens entering the US
- Break down new procedures and updates to the medical examination rules
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,500+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions