The Intersection of Cryptocurrency & Securities Law
Created on October 03, 2019
Do you know how securities law overlaps with cryptocurrency? If not, then please join Gary J. Ross, founder of the Ross Law Group, PLLC, for a one-hour lecture on how these two worlds collide.
The explosion of cryptocurrency and interest in blockchain and blockchain use cases has left the SEC to grapple with numerous issues. The SEC initially responded through enforcement actions and then starting last year, it has addressed the topic in a more constructive manner, first through speeches and then through published guidelines. This program will offer an overview of the SEC's actions in this area, as well as how other governments around the world are handling these same issues. Additionally, Mr. Ross will cover recent developments in securities law and cryptocurrency as well as some predictions for the future.
- Review the basics of cryptocurrency and securities law with special attention on when a coin or token is considered a security
- Identify current trends in cryptocurrency and securities law
- Address the SEC's evolving views on cryptocurrency and the risks investors face with virtual currency
- Navigate the current U.S. regulatory framework which protects investors
- Discuss other global regulatory schemes and how they affect the market for cryptocurrency
- Predict the impact that regulations will have on cryptocurrency in the future and how best to advise clients
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions