Tackling the Deposition: The Skills You Need to Control the Room
Created on February 24, 2019
In his latest program, seasoned personal injury practitioner Charles Bonfante will assist attorneys in honing their deposition skills so as to better control witnesses and their adversaries, while making their own client more comfortable. In addition to discussing best practices for conducting a deposition itself, Mr. Bonfante will also provide tips for preparing the deposition so attorneys are prepared and confident when they walk into the room.
By sharing proven strategies, Mr. Bonfante will give attendees insight into how seasoned litigators and successful trial lawyers conduct depositions. The program will help attorneys maximize the opportunities often wasted at depositions and likewise, maximize their chances of success in overall scheme of the lawsuit. The program will integrate controlling law (case law, statute and Court Rules), practical concerns, and ethical considerations, as well as specific methods to enable even the least experienced attorneys to depose a witness like a seasoned veteran. Additional topics to be covered include the use of depositions in trial.
- Identify best practices for preparing for a deposition
- Develop strategies to successfully depose any witness
- Become familiar with controlling law governing depositions, and applicable ethical considerations
- Gain tips to help your client become more comfortable in a deposition
- Discuss how to use depositions to prepare for trial, and how to use depositions during a trial
This course originally appeared as a part of our February 2019 Bridge the Gap event.
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions