Social Media Marketing in 2019: A Guide for Advertisers
Created on June 27, 2019
Social media marketing is now ubiquitous, but as this marketing channel has matured, the legal complexities have increased. Companies engaged in social media marketing need to think about endorsement and testimonial compliance, rights of privacy and publicity, platform and other contractual requirements, and many laws relevant to targeted advertising, including data privacy and anti-discrimination considerations.
Rob Newman, partner and co-chair of Loeb & Loeb's Privacy, Security, & Data Innovations practice will provide an overview of the legal landscape relevant to advertising in social media, and will offer practical tips on how to stay compliant in the fast-moving world of social media marketing.
- Review the latest from the FTC on obligations relating to endorsements, testimonials, and native advertising
- Navigate the privacy obligations associated with highly targeted marketing on social media
- Reduce risks when engaging with third parties to promote your brand on social media
- Identify practical risk reduction strategies when discussing current events and celebrities in social media
- Analyze the platform rules so you can execute your promotions without being shut down
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,800+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions