Skills for Telling Your Client's Story in a Catastrophic Personal Injury Case
Created on February 24, 2019
Join attorney Justin Blitz to discuss issues related to representing plaintiffs in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases. In this program, Mr. Blitz will provide tips and strategies for trial preparation for cases involving devastating injury and wrongful death claims, including how to implement them at trial, mediations and out of court settlement discussions.
Additionally, he will address witness preparation including ways to deal with experts leading up to and during trial, including tips and strategies for cross examination of experts at trial. There will also be a discussion regarding proving pecuniary losses including the loss of parental guidance, loss of future wages, and loss of consortium for the surviving family.
- Maximize damages for catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases
- Identify which experts will be required to prove your prima facie case and to prove damages
- Recognize the differences between wrongful death and pain and suffering claims, and understand settlements for infant and wrongful death cases
- Approach mediations and out of court settlement discussions
- Appreciate the use of technology and demonstrative evidence to show the devastation the injury caused
This course originally appeared as a part of our February 2019 Bridge the Gap event.
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions