Safeguarding Against Financial Exploitation of Senior Investors: What Attorneys Need To Know
Created on April 19, 2018
One in five seniors are the victim of financial fraud. $2.6 billion in senior funds are lost to financial exploitation each years. Given the fact that the 65+ year old population in the U.S. will double to 71.5 million by 2030, senior investor fraud and exploitation is and will continue to be a hot topic. This course will address cases involving exploitation of seniors as well as the statutory and regulatory framework aimed at protecting senior investors.
Join Angela Turiano and Matthew Plant for a discussion on these issues. Ms. Turiano and Mr. Plant are both New York City-based Principals of the firm Bressler, Amery & Ross. They each focus their practices in securities litigation and regulatory matters. Mr. Plant is also a member of the Firm's Senior Issues Group, a multi-discipline group that seeks to provide counsel to clients who confront issues affecting seniors and Ms. Turiano has defended a number of matters involving senior fraud.
- Familiarize yourself with the growing problem of financial exploitation of senior investors
- Review the various regulatory and civil actions involving senior investor fraud
- Discuss how to best defend your clients against allegations of senior fraud
- Discover how securities industry regulators are addressing senior-related concerns
- Examine the statutory and regulatory framework intended to protect senior investors
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,500+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions