Representing Plaintiffs in Catastrophic Injury and Wrongful Death Cases in New York
Created on January 18, 2018
Join attorney Justin Blitz to discuss issues related to representing plaintiffs in catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases in the state of New York. In this program, Mr. Blitz begins with the legal standards to prove causation of the catastrophic injury to the negligence claimed. He will provide tips and strategies for trial preparation for cases involving devastating injury and wrongful death claims, including how to approach mediations and out of court settlement discussions.
Additionally, he will address handling experts leading up to and during trial, including tips and strategies for expert disclosures and the cross examination of experts at trial. There will also be a discussion regarding proving pecuniary losses including the loss of parental guidance, loss of future wages, and loss of consortium for the surviving family.
- Maximize damages for catastrophic injury and wrongful death cases
- Identify which experts will be required to prove your prima facie case and to prove damages
- Recognize the differences wrongful death and pain and suffering claims and understand the interplay of Surrogate's Court and settlement for infant cases and wrongful death settlements
- Approach mediations and out of court settlement discussions
- Appreciate the use of technology and demonstrative evidence to show the devastation the injury caused
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions