Hot Topics in Tax Law Reform 2017
Created on December 15, 2017
This program, led by international tax law compliance thought leader and attorney R. John Smith, will begin with a brief summary of 2017 Proposed Tax Regulations. Mr. Smith will address corporate pass-thru and individual review, including the potential impact upon private equity, venture capital, hedge funds, and family office investors. He will also address potential federal and state tax law planning options.
Additionally, the presenter will discuss the tax treatment of certain transfers of property to foreign corporations, certain interests in corporations, such as stock or indebtedness, and transfers of certain property by U.S. persons to partnerships with related foreign partners. Join him for this exciting and topical tax discussion.
- Discuss estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes and restrictions on liquidation of an interest
- Address the importance of consistent basis reporting between an estate and the person acquiring property from decedent
- Grasp inversions and related transactions
- Recognize the tax treatment of certain transfers of property to foreign corporations
- Appreciate the tax treatment of certain interests in corporations, such as stock or indebtedness
- Identify the tax treatment of transfers of certain property by U.S. persons to partnerships with related foreign partners
- Explore the potential federal and state tax law planning in response to proposed tax regulations
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,800+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions