Ethics in Family Law (Update)
Created on September 19, 2019
Ethical minefields are lurking everywhere, particularly in the area of family law. Join Angela Scafuri, Shareholder at Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, for an informative program designed to identify the most frequent ethical issues in family law and how to address them.
This seminar will focus on the ethical implications of e-discovery and social media in family law cases, with a close look at recent case law and advisory opinions from various jurisdictions. The program will assist both new and seasoned family law practitioners in understanding the do's and do not's involving attorney-client privilege, confidentiality, e-discovery, and social media, as well as provide tips and "best practices" that can be put to immediate use to avoid ethical pitfalls.
- Examine the "Cardinal Rules" of Professional Conduct: competence, diligence, and communications
- Develop strategies for maintaining the Client Relationship, handling confidential communications, and dealing with difficult clients
- Identify the ethical challenges presented by electronically stored information ("ESI") and social media
- Examine how to ethically investigate a party and witnesses using social media
- Determine how to ethically advise your clients in the use of social media
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,500+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions