Environmental Considerations in Bankruptcy
Created on April 22, 2021
This program will provide an overview of environmental considerations in bankruptcy, including a review of recent case rulings. We will cover the legal and technical aspects of the disposition of environmental liabilities in various bankruptcy scenarios. We will review Section 363 applicability to environmental liabilities, contribution claims and what is needed to prove them, what to include in a Statement of Financial Affairs, and how to identify potential claimants.
This program will benefit general counsel and non-environmental practitioners.
- Review how liability estimates are prepared
- Identify potential environmental liabilities resulting from bankruptcy proceedings
- Discuss litigation trends in dischargeability of environmental claims and successor liability issues
- Identify "zombie" entities and discuss how to pursue them
- Analyze insurance considerations and best practices for uncovering assets
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions