Data Breach & Trade Secrets: How to Protect Your Organization (Update)
Created on May 08, 2018
Running a successful business is hard, competition is rising, and data is king. In order to stand ahead of rivals, companies must do more than offer excellent workmanship, product and service. It is knowing what customers want before they even ask and hoarding customer loyalty that does the trick! An organization cannot create preeminent experiences that bring them returning clientele without their own secret sauce. So, exactly what can these companies protect as trade secrets and how far can they go to prevent, hinder or reverse trade secret damage and/or loss?
In this course, viewers learn how to protect proprietary information from current or incoming employees, what to do when client-facing employees leave, and how to obtain a TRO, if necessary. Join Rania V. Sedhom, Founding Member, Sedhom Law Group, PLLC, a Bespoke Law Firm and Christopher D'Angelo, partner at Michelman & Robinson, LLP, as they discuss trade secret protections for companies.
- Identify what constitutes a trade secret, or proprietary information
- Protect your client's trade secrets using contracts, policies, etc.
- Address employee privacy rights
- Discuss cases and the TRO process
- Develop best practices for how to deal with terminated (voluntary or involuntary) employees
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions