Conflicts of Interest or "What Did I Do Wrong?"
Created on November 29, 2016
As attorneys, we know that we can avoid conflicts of interest by placing our client's interests before our own, but conflicts of interest can arise even when one is wary. This program can help attorneys identify conflicts of interest in the practice of law. This course provides effective strategies to avoid conflicts with current and former clients and examines the Model Rules of Professional Conduct and case law that guides us in determining whether such conflicts exist.
- Model Rule of Professional Conduct 1.7
- The Unhappy Spouse
- "I'll Take the Weight"
- Best to Avoid Having Sexual Relations with Clients
- Principles of RPC 1.7
- Model Rule of Professional Conduct 1.8
- Never a Borrower nor a Lender Be
- "As Long As I Get Paid"
- Model Rule of Professional Conduct 1.9
- "Til Death Do Us Part" or Maybe Not
- Substantially Related Matters
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions