Client Intake & Ethical Challenges in a California Personal Injury Case (Audio Only)
Created on January 25, 2018
This program, presented by personal injury attorney Annette Clark, will provide a comprehensive overview of the client intake and ethical challenges that California attorneys face in personal injury cases. This court will begin with a review of ethical "do's and don'ts" regarding client solicitation.
Other topics to be covered include vetting the plaintiff or defendant, setting fee agreements, avoiding conflicts of interest, and ethically navigating the settlement process.
- Gain an overview of the ethical rules governing client solicitation
- Develop best practices for vetting your client
- Review ethical rules concerning fee agreements and important items of consideration
- Explore how to effectively avoid conflicts on interest
- Discuss an attorney's ethical obligations when negotiating a settlement
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions