Business Succession & Exit Planning (Update)
Created on August 08, 2019
The biggest threat to your business is not competition, the government, or even taxes. The biggest threat - the event that tends to be most detrimental to the business - is, quite simply, the business owner passing away. Many businesses lacking a succession plan go into the grave with the owner of the business.
In this course, presented by business and tax law attorney Dr. Bart Basi, learn how to prevent this demise through proper business succession and estate planning for businesses and their owners.
Dr. Basi discusses the many legal issues related to business succession and planning for future generations. He examines a variety of estate planning devices, including selecting professionals, choosing a successor, valuing a company, buy/sell agreements, trusts, planning with life insurance, and estate and tax laws.
- Identify the goals of management succession
- Grasp how to select a successor and other professionals
- Establish the value of a company and buy/sell agreements
- Discuss how a trust is established and the functions it serves
- Discover how to plan ahead with life insurance
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,800+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions