A Lesson in Ethics for Georgia Attorneys (How To Succeed in Law)
Created on October 18, 2018
In this course, attorney Gary Ross explores the ways in which attorneys can adhere to professional standards and to succeed in their legal endeavors. His discussion covers various aspects of professionalism, from drafting documents for senior partners to communicating with clients and billing practices, as well as the ABA Rules that govern an attorney's methods for both.
The program specifically addresses Georgia's professionalism standards as well, speaking to both the Lawyer's Creed and the Aspirational Statement of Professionalism. Mr. Ross also examines time management strategies and lends practical advice on how to survive those first few years in the legal workforce.
- Distinguish professionalism from ethics
- Identify drafting tips and tools to help you start out on the right foot with your supervising attorneys
- Recognize the importance of time management and not over-committing your most valuable resource
- Grasp standard billing practices and why you should always bill all your time
- Discuss keys to successful communications with your supervising attorneys, opposing attorneys, clients, and others
- Gain an understanding of the importance of professionalism to your legal career
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,500+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions