A Lawyer's Toolkit for Advising New Businesses
Created on May 05, 2020
Starting a new business can be one of the most exciting times in a client's life – but it can also be one of the most stressful. Often, entrepreneurs are going through the process for the first time and will look to their lawyers to provide not only legal counsel but practical business advice as well.
In this program, presented by Ryen Rasmus of the Lipp Law Firm, attorneys will learn the fundamentals necessary to effectively advise new business owners and give them a solid foundation on which they can build a successful operation. The presentation will address basic business law matters, strategies for minimizing both legal and financial risk, and ancillary issues that often escape notice until problems arise – including intellectual property and employment law concerns.
- Advise clients on timing, restrictions, and regulations
- Choose the right entity type, branding, and equity structure for your client
- Consider financing and raising capital
- Build an effective professional team
- Launch the business and onboard clients
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions