Brought to you by Brian Mittman & Daniel Elias of Markhoff & Mittman, PC The Disability Guys™, this one-hour course covers the main types of work injury and disability related programs and benefits that your clients may encounter and how those programs can influence your legal advice. Every practitioner should be able to identify issues outside their main area of expertise that could affect their clients—it does not matter if you practice real estate, trust and wills, criminal law, corporate law, family law, or any other field. Work related injuries and disabling conditions can affect everyone and therefore affect the legal advice you deliver to your clients.
Areas of Practice:
- Workers' Compensation Law (State, Federal, Longshore)
- Social Secuirty Disabilty
- Long Term Disability
- Personal Injury and Accidents
- General Litigation
- Brooklyn Law School, Brooklyn, New York, 1994 J.D - Cum Laude, Richardson Merit Scholar
- University of Rochester, Rochester, NY, 1991 B.A. Political Science - Cum Laude
- Upper Dublin High School, Fort Washington, PA, 1987 - National Merit Honor Society
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Board of Directors - Society of New York Workers' Compensation Bar Association, Inc.
- Board of Directors (Westchester County:Peekskill Regional Director) - Injured Workers' Bar Association
- Board of Directors - New York Workers Compensation Alliance
- Board of Directors - White Plains Bar Association
- Member - CCLP - The Coalition for Concerned Legal Professionals
- Member - New York State Bar Association
- Member - White Plains Bar Association
- Member - Westchester County Bar Association
- Member - Westchester Womens Bar Association
- Member - Justice Louis Brandis Legal Foudation
- Member - Jewish Lawyers Guild
- Member - New York State Trial Lawyers Institiute
- Member - New York County Lawyers Associatiom
- Member - Mt. Vernon Bar Association
- Instittute for Jewish Humanities - Attorney of the Year 2006
Presentations & Speeches:
-The 2008 Streamlined Docket "Rocket Docket" Regulations - An Overview - Presented at the Injured Workers Bar Association Fall 2008 Albancy CLE Conference
- New York State Workers Compensation Law Update/Recent Changes, November 18, 2008 - Bronx County Bar Association
-The Basics of Workers' Compensation 2007 - Lorman Education CLE series
-The Basics of Workers; Compensation 2008 - Lorman Education CLE series
-What you Ned to Know about the 2007 Workers Compensation Law Sept 18 2007 - Westchester County Bar Association CLE
- The Basics of Workers Compensation 2009 - Lorman Education CLE series
- New York State - January 1995
- Pediatric Cancer Foundation - helping to hold the hand of a child, especially when dealing with cancer, is truly a worthy cause. For more information check out their link at PCFWEB.ORG and feel free to make a donation.
- Outside of the office I coach multiple teams for my children including basketball, baseball and soccer. I also am an advid ice hockey player and I skate for two teams througout the year and encourage anyone to start in the wonderful beginner/adult program offered by Hockey North America!
Very informative. Great speakers
Very interesting, well done.
As a Social Security Disability attorney, I found this CLE incredibly informative. I would definitely recommend!
The presentation was good. It’s surprising how complicated things can be with often unintended consequences.
The speakers were very informative and organized the material very well.
Enjoyed the overview.
It was much broader than I expected without the detail I hoped for regarding SSDI, but a good overview of work-related disability benefits.
This is one of the best CLE classes I have ever taken.
Excellent CLE. Both attys. provided very informative, helpful information. Very nice manner of presentation and interplay between the attys. Much more than I expected before the CLE.
Excellent course. Thank you
The commentary and interaction between the two presenters, both obviously highly experienced, contributes immensely to the usefulness of this presentation
Very N.Y. law oriented but interesting and informative.
The back-and-forth dialogue between the two attorneys was really effective and helped make the material lively and understandable
Brian Mittman was an amazing orator. He outlined the basics of WC and SS
informative enjoyed this a lot
Very Informative. Enjoyed the course.
Great overview of interaction of all disability act laws.
Very well done.
A good overview of the potential issues surrounding WC and Disability claims
very knowledgeable practicioners
I like that the presenters played off of each other and it didn't seem so formal but rather thoughtful
Well delivered program.
liked this program very much and was global too
some interesting and complex issues revealed
Excellent overview. I will likely listen to this class again.
The course was concise and informative.
Good program for new lawyers.
Made disability compensation laws straightforward and understandable, not easy for an area that is mostly administrative...recommended
Good overview, for me it was a nice refresher.
Well done presentation. Easy to understand.
Great presentation Great presentation
Good basic review of this area of law.
Best overview lecture on an important topic that I’ve heard yet.
Very good course.
Very good presentation
Very interesting course in a subject that I was not familiar with.
Good beginner course. If you are just starting in the area, this is a good place to begin.
Excellent. This presentation was comprehensive and clear.
Excellent program with very knowledgeable presenters. I learned a lot from this program. A+!!!!
Brian and Daniel did a very good job of presenting the material