Dan actively partners with clients to set up immigration best practices and strategies, and serves as a trusted counselor to clients on day-to-day immigration issues as they arise. He draws on his substantial knowledge of complex immigration legal issues and his previous experience as an immigration advisor and service provider inside a multinational corporation to provide clients with the highest level of responsive, efficient, and accurate service. Dan conducts compliance policy reviews and audits, and manages immigration processes for high-volume clients.
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association, New England Chapter and New York Chapter
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Board Member, Plugged In Teen Band Program
Publications and Lectures
- Panelist, "Immigration Update from the U.S. and Abroad." Panel Presentation, Forum for Expatriate Management Boston Chapter Event, Boston, MA, February 15, 2013.
- Speaker on U.S. immigration issues involving accountants at a Tax Roundtable CLE meeting for CPAs, Waltham, MA, April 2012.
- Speaker, “Immigration Update.” Lecture, Breakfast Briefing of the American Council on International Personnel, Boston, MA, Spring 2011.
- Interviewee, Portland, Maine CBS (WGME) and NBC (WCSH) affiliates, July 8, 2010 regarding the shutting of a local restaurant due to the loss of the owners’ E-2 work authorization.
- Contributor, "Maine Business Is Shut Without a Renewed Visa." The New York Times, May 30, 2010, A13. Print.
- Author, “Tips for Surviving Long-Pending Adjustment of Status Applications.” Boston South Asian Times, February 2010, 16. Print.
- Panelist, “High Tech and Health Care: A Look at Current Legal Issues in Technology that Affect Your Client’s Business.” Panel discussion, Maine Bar Association Annual Meeting, Portland, Maine June 2009.
- Author, "Enforcement Activity, Shifting Standards in Nonimmigrant and Immigrant Petition Adjudications, and the Changing Field of Employment-Based Immigration." In Immigration Strategies for Companies: Leading Lawyers on Hiring International Workers, Complying with Regulations, and Understanding Recent Trends and Developments (Inside the Minds), edited by Aspatore Books Staff, 121-132, United States: Thompson-Reuters, 2008. Print.
- Author, “Cos. Must Carefully Weigh Signing On To E-Verify.” Law360, September 05, 2008. Web. Accessed on February 5, 2013 . Full article available to subscribers only.
- Suffolk University Law School Jurisprudence Award in Administrative Law
- Dan provides pro bono counsel to a critically acclaimed and internationally-renowned classical music ensemble in connection with obtaining O-1 Extraordinary Ability visas for guest musicians and artists. Dan has also represented clients on a pro bono basis before the Massachusetts Board of Special Education Appeals, obtaining appropriate educational placements in private schools for children not making effective progress in the public school system.