Andrew Lustigman represents marketers, advertisers, media and Internet companies in connection with the legal aspects of their advertising and promotional marketing business, including clearance of advertising and marketing materials, sweepstakes, games of skill, and other contests, and social media programs, and advises on direct marketing campaigns, intellectual property issues, and privacy matters.
An equally significant portion of his practice involves investigations and litigation brought by regulatory agencies regarding national advertising campaigns, as well as defending private consumer individual and class action lawsuits. He regularly handles inquiries and litigation brought by various federal and state regulators, including the Federal Trade Commission, the Food and Drug Administration, Federal Communications Commission, the United States Postal Service, state attorneys general and other regulatory agencies. He also handles consumer and business litigation involving false and deceptive advertising issues, intellectual property, and corporate matters in federal and state court, and frequently appears before the National Advertising Division of the BBB. Through this litigation practice, Mr. Lustigman advises clients on strategies to address emerging threats as well as creative and aggressive defense theories.
Mr. Lustigman appears in publications such as the National Law Journal, Mobile Marketer, Luxury Daily, DM News, and Response discussing important new cases and trends that advertisers and marketers need to know. He contributes to other publications, including the Promotion Marketing Association's Promotion Marketing Law treatise and American Bar Association publications and frequently speaks on subjects relating to advertising and promotional marketing law topics. Mr. Lustigman is the current Chair of the ABA Special Committee on Promotion and Marketing Law and actively serves on the law committee for the Promotion Marketing Association and the ABA Consumer Protection Committee, as well as the Consumer Affairs Committee for the Association of the Bar of the City of New York.
He is rated AV by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Lustigman has been selected for three consecutive years as a Notable Practitioner in his practice area by Chambers USA who described him as "super fast and accurate" and "drawing impressive feedback for his skills as a transactional and regulatory lawyer in this area...." Chambers USA further described Mr. Lustigman as being considered a premier choice for sweepstakes and contests work. Clients are profuse in their praise of him, asserting: "He's terrific: very creative and an excellent writer. He has been integral to our success." Andrew has also been selected to Super Lawyers New York since 2008.
Prior to joining Olshan, Mr. Lustigman was the principal of The Lustigman Firm, P.C.
- New York
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court District of Maryland
- U.S. District Court of the District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals 2nd Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 4th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals 11th Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals Federal Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- New York State Bar Association
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York, Consumer Affairs Committee
- Promotion Marketing Association, Legal Affairs Committee
- American Bar Association, Special Committee on Promotion and Marketing Law
- American Bar Association, Consumer Protection Committee
- Direct Marketing Association
- Federal Communications Bar Association