Trends in Insurance Class Actions
Created on May 21, 2018
The insurance industry is a consistent target of class action litigation. Although class actions are frequently filed against insurers, the nuances of Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23 and methods for defending these types of suits are often not appreciated.
This course, presented by Alex Fuchs and Kymberly Kochis of Eversheds Sutherland LLP, will discuss removal of cases under the Class Action Fairness Act, provide an overview of Rule 23, and examine ways to defend against insurance class actions. As part of the course, we will also review recent trends in class action insurance class action litigation and the scrutiny applied to class action settlements by courts and the Department of Justice.
- Gain an understanding of removal under the Class Action Fairness Act (CAFA)
- Review Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 23
- Analyze class action defense strategies
- Examine current insurance class action trends
- Discuss recent scrutiny of class action settlements from courts and Department of Justice
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions