The World Of Trademarks (and The Madrid Protocol)
Created on September 28, 2018
Permaheat, LLC, a U.S. manufacturer of winter coats, has begun appointing distributors in Europe and Asia, and wants to protect its trademark, PERMAHEAT. Is the Madrid Protocol a good option for Permaheat?
Killchill GmbH, a German manufacturer of gloves, has started selling products into the United States and Asia, and wants to protect its trademark, KILLCHILL. Is the Madrid Protocol a good option for Killchill?
Why might the answers to this question be different for each company?
This seminar, presented by attorneys Dermot Horgan and Jeannine Rittenhouse of IpHorgan Ltd, will equip you to guide clients through the complexities of protecting trademarks abroad using the Madrid Protocol. Attorneys will learn how trademark rights are obtained and the various protections options, with a particular emphasis on use of the Madrid Protocol abroad and its impact in the U.S.
- Identify what is and is not a trademark
- Explore the mechanisms for protecting trademarks in the U.S. and abroad
- Examine protection through the Madrid Protocol
- Discuss the benefits of the Madrid Protocol
- Analyze the weaknesses of the Madrid Protocol
- Consider possible improvements to the Madrid Protocol
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions