This course is no longer available for credit on our site. Here are some similar courses you might be interested in:
With intellectual property increasingly becoming the impetus for deals, it is strategically important to understand what intellectual property is being transferred and the risks involved. This program, led by attorney Keren Livneh, will break intellectual property down into its component parts, discuss the issues inherent in transacting with each such part, review transaction structures for transferring and commercializing intellectual property, discuss the issues that arise from such structures, and help navigate those issues with practical drafting considerations and best practices.
Keren has broad intellectual property experience spanning transactional, counseling and contentious matters. She has significant experience negotiating the intellectual property-related aspects of formative transactions, strategic and bankruptcy-related acquisitions, joint development, debt and equity financing, and outsourcing, licensing and software as a service (SaaS) arrangements across various industries. Keren also negotiates settlement and coexistence agreements, and counsels on intellectual property-related strategies and protections. She regularly advises on data protection and privacy issues, including data transfer agreements, cloud-based and intragroup arrangements, international data transfers and privacy policies. Keren was included among the Top Women Attorneys in New York Rising Star listing in The New York Times (2015 to 2018).
• Admitted: Bar of the State of New York, 2009
• Admitted: Attorney, Republic of South Africa, 2005
• U.S. District Court, SDNY
• U.S. District Court, EDNY
• LL.M., Columbia Law School, 2008
• LL.B., University of the Witwatersrand, 2005
• Co-author, The International Comparative Legal Guide: Cybersecurity 2019
• What hangs in the balance in Microsoft’s win against the U.S. government?, July 2016
• In a Privacy Paradigm Shift, Microsoft Sues the U.S. Government, April 2016
• International Overview of Discovery, Data Privacy & Disclosure Requirements, Sedona Conference, 2009
Good course, knowledge instructor, and good materials.
Ms Livneh gave an excellent presentation --- very well organized and intelligible. Thank you Ms. Livneh and thank you LAWLINE!
One of the best speakers I have watched on Lawline.