Successfully Using Corporate Designee Depositions to Win Your Case
Created on February 23, 2020
In the world of hard-nosed litigation, evasive witnesses and factual positions that seem like moving targets are commonplace. All too frequently overlooked in litigation is perhaps the most effective of all components of an attorney's toolbox - the Corporate Designee Deposition.
Also known as a 30B-6 deposition federally, this discovery tool is favored by our courts - both state and federal - as a means to simplify and streamline litigation - so that the parties are left with one operative set of facts. The law surrounding these depositions is complex, but can be harnessed to do the best we can to protect our clients. This program, taught by nursing home litigators David Cohen and Elliott Kolodny, will teach practitioners best practices for using Corporate Designee depositions to build your case.
- Review the components of a Corporate Designee deposition
- Discuss the interrelationship between the Corporate Designee deposition and a records deposition, and how to combine the two for effective results
- Triage your practice and identify which cases will benefit from these depositions
- Successfully prepare for the deposition and keep the corporate designee honest
- Develop case themes through Corporate Designee depositions
This course originally appeared as a part of our February 2020 Bridge the Gap Event.
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions