Guidelines for Using Music, Video, and Creative Content
Created on February 15, 2018
Your CEO wants to show at the Company AGM a funny video of her son and daughter performing the popular 2012 hit song "Hero." Is this okay? Sign-up for this seminar and equip yourself to guide clients through this and other common situations involving the use of creative content.
In this lively program, presented by IP attorneys Dermot Horgan, Christopher Lay, and Jeannine Rittenhouse, attorneys will learn about the rights in music, video and related content. Through the use of case studies and examples, attendees will explore the permissions necessary and the pitfalls involved in using such works in commercial and in other public settings.
- Distinguish what is and is not a copyright
- Examine the rights of copyright owners
- Identify permissions required to use copyrighted works
- Recognize fair use issues
- Spot potential defenses
- Discuss the steps necessary to enforce copyrights and to claim statutory damages
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions