An Introduction to Evaluating and Litigating Catastrophic Burn Injury Cases
Created on April 05, 2018
Catastrophic burn injury cases pose unique challenges to attorneys. It is critical that you understand not just the legal theories you will be pursuing and the evidentiary challenges you will face, but also the special needs of your client. Join experienced litigator and certified civil trial attorney, David Schmid, for this introductory presentation on effective techniques for investigating, assessing and litigating catastrophic burn injury cases. Mr. Schmid will share successful litigation strategies and discuss the resources available to the burn survivor, her family, and the burn injury attorney.
This program provides categories of commonly litigated burn injuries, an overview of the types of experts you may need, theories of liability, strategies for presenting damages and resources you and your clients must be aware of. Mr. Schmid will share examples from his experiences as a successful burn injury lawyer.
- Discover the resources available to help burn survivor clients maximize their benefits
- Identify common categories of burn injury cases and the experts needed to prove them
- Grasp the basic theories of liability in most burn injury cases
- Prepare for common defenses and evidentiary challenges
- Examine how to collect, preserve and present evidence of damages
Gain access to this course, plus unlimited access to 1,700+ courses, with an Unlimited Subscription.Explore Lawline Subscriptions