- Practice Areas: Real Estate
- Firm: Moses & Singer LLP
- Web Site: http://mosessinger.com
Richard J. Sobelsohn is an associate in the Real Estate practice at Moses & Singer. He represents developers, corporations, financial institutions and individuals concerning a variety of commercial real estate transactions including sustainable development, acquisitions, dispositions, financing, condominium offerings and leasing.
Mr. Sobelsohn is a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design Accredited Professional (LEED® AP) from the U.S. Green Building Council. He has in-depth knowledge of the LEED® Green Building Rating System™, the globally accepted rating and certification program for design, construction, operation, and maintenance of green buildings. Having a LEED® AP attorney on a project team allows clients to earn one point toward LEED certification.
Prior to joining Moses & Singer, Mr. Sobelsohn was an associate at the law firms Stroock, Stroock & Lavan, LLP and Kaye Scholer LLP. Before attending law school, Mr. Sobelsohn was Director of The Sobelsohn School, an adult business school specializing in real estate, insurance and accounting. He is currently an adjunct professor of law at Brooklyn Law School and New York Law School.
* Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
* Colgate University, B.A., cum laude, with honors in History
* "The Real Estate Owner's Perspective: Opportunities and Risks," Legal Handbook For Architects, Engineers & Contractors, West Thompson, October 2010.
* "Green Lease Issues for Commercial Tenants Set to Grow," Real Estate Weekly, September 2010.
* "Legal Green: Navigating Sustainable Design Law," Contract Magazine, April 2010.
* "Legal Issues Relating to Green Building," The Judicial Title Insurance Agency, March 2010.
* "The Real Estate Owner’s Perspective: Opportunities and Risks," Green Real Estate Summit 2010: What Attorneys, Developers, Regulators, Tenants & Lenders Need to Know, March 2010.
* "Green Business is Good Business," BLSLawNotes, December 2009.
* "'Green' Lease Issues for Commercial Tenants," Moses & Singer Real Estate Update, December 2009.
* "Here Come the Lawyers," Part Two, Green & Design, July 2009.
* "Here Come the Lawyers," Part One, Green & Design, June 2009.
* LEED AP®, U.S. Green Building Council
* Adjunct Professor, Brooklyn Law School
* Adjunct Professor, New York Law School
* Member, National Legal Working Group, U.S. Green Building Council
* Fellow, Institute of Green Professionals
* U.S. Supreme Court
* District of Columbia
* U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
* U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
* New York
* New Jersey
* "Standard of Care for those providing services in the Green Building World," U.S. Green Building Council's GreenBuild International Conference and Expo, November 2010
* "Landlord-Tenant Law - Green Issues," Sterling Education Services, Inc., November 2010
* "Building Sustainability Law and Alternative Energy," Second Annual Alternative Energy & Building Efficiency East Conference & Exhibition, November 2010
* "Tenant/Corporate Facilities," GRID NY Green Real Estate Investment & Development Conference, October 2010
* "Indian Businesses Go Green," Citi-Anchin Indian Initiative, June 2010
* "Green Leases: More than Lease Language," Global Strategic Management Institute's Sustainable Buildings Series: Retrofits Conference, May 2010
* "Green Buildings Home and Abroad," The Institute of International Social Development and Forum 21, April 2010
* "Turning Green and Staying Green: Legal Issues Affecting Sustainable Buildings," The Judicial Title Insurance Agency LLC, March 2010
* "What Attorneys, Developers, Regulators, Tenants & Lenders Need to Know," Practising Law Institute (PLI) Green Real Estate Summit 2010, March 2010
* "Legal Issues Affecting Sustainable Development," Project Green America, Green Earth Expo 2010, February 2010
* "Legal Issues Relating to Green Buildings," National Council for Science and the Environment (NCSE), The New Green Economy, January 2010
* "New Responsibilities of Project Teams When Working on a Green Project," New York State Energy Research and Development Authority Video Conference, November 2009
* "Seeing Green: Legal Issues You Need to Know Concerning Green Buildings," Hudson Valley Bank & Lawline.com CLE Seminar, November 2009
* "Green Buildings and India," FIT Economic Forum on India 2009, October 2009
* "Lunch Hour Seminar on Legal Issues Affecting Sustainable Development," Brooklyn Law School, September 2009
* "The Green Rules- Legal and Insurance Issues Arising from Green Building Renovations," Urban Green Expo, September 2009
* "Green – Ethics,” Advantage Title, 2009 CLE Seminar Series, June 2009
* "Legal Issues Affecting Green Buildings,” Alternative Energy & Building Efficiency ’09 Conference & Exhibition, May 2009
* "Legal Issues Affecting Green Buildings," Moses & Singer’s In-House Counsel CLE Program, April 2009