- Practice Areas: Labor and Employment Litigation
- Firm: Roetzel & Andress
- Web Site: http://www.ralaw.com/
Ms. Hasbrook's practice focuses on business and employment litigation with an emphasis on defending wrongful termination and claims for injunctive relief in federal and state courts. For over two decades, she has devoted a significant portion of her practice to issues facing the public utility industry. She counsels large and small companies in overall risk management and other legal issues facing their businesses.
* Served as in-house counsel for 14 years for the nation's sixth largest public utility.
* Successfully litigated numerous matters involving emergency hearings and injunctive relief on behalf of a wide variety of competitive industries.
* Handled dozens of labor arbitrations as corporate counsel and in private practice.
* Lead counsel in a case that established a bright line test for the age difference of a significantly younger employee in age discrimination cases. The decision was selected by Ohio Lawyers Weekly and Michigan Lawyers Weekly as one of the six most important judicial decisions in Ohio and Michigan that year.
* Represented numerous employers, manufacturers and trucking companies in catastrophic accidents from emergency response through all phases of litigation.
* Represented numerous national clients seeking to enforce and defend noncompetition and nonsolicitation agreements.
* Litigated numerous cases in the areas of sexual harassment, unfair competition, discrimination, and business disputes in state and federal courts, obtaining many favorable summary judgment decisions and jury outcomes.
* Lead counsel in the first ADA jury trial in the Northern District of Ohio, Western Division obtaining a successful result.
* Special emphasis on appellate practice in state and federal courts.
* Significant Federal Court practice.
* AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory
* Selected as an "Ohio Super Lawyer" by Law & Politics magazine and Cincinnati Magazine (2005-2007 & 2009)
* Top 12 Superlawyers in Northwest Ohio listed in Corporate Counsel Edition of Top Attorneys in Employment Law (2008)
* Arabella Babb Mansfield Award, Woman of the Year - Toledo Women's Bar Association (1999)
* Adjunct Professor: Business/Employment Law, University of Toledo, Business Technology department (1985-1989)
* Partner-in-Charge of Roetzel & Andress Toledo office (1998-2005)
* Corporate Board Member, Mercy Health Partners, Northern Region for Catholic Health Partners, managing seven hospitals in northwest Ohio, Executive Committee Member Board of Trustees (2007 - present)
* Regional Ethics Committee, Mercy Health Partners, coordinating Patient Ethics policies for seven hospitals
* Bittersweet Farms Board, Residence for Autistic Adults (2003-present)
* YMCA- Toledo Corporate Board Member (2000-2003)
* YWCA, Board Member (1995-2001), President (1997-1999)
* U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
* U.S. Court of Claims, Washington, D.C.
* U.S. District Court, Northern District of Ohio
* U.S. Supreme Court
* "Partnering for Success in Employment Cases: The Attorney's Role," Inside the Minds: Resolving Employee Disputes & Litigation, Aspatore Books (2006)
* "Indemnity in Construction Agreements: Preserving the Site Owner's Rights," Tort Law Journal of Ohio, West Publications (October 2006)
* "Challenging the Economist's Million Dollar Minor in a Wrongful Death Action," OACTA Quarterly Issue (Spring 1999)
* "The Hiring Process" - Ohio Manufacturer's Association Webinar Series (2009)
* " Legislative Changes: - ADA, FMLA and Workers' Compensation" - Sedgwick Claims Seminar Series (2009)
* "A Practical Guide to the Hiring Process" - Roetzel & Andress Labor and Employment Seminar Series (2008)
* "Legislative Update to the ADA" - NW Ohio Payroll Association (2008)
* 1984 J.D., The University of Toledo, College of Law
* 1981 B.S.B.A., The University of Toledo
* magna cum laude