- Practice Areas: Estate Planning, Family Law
- Firm: Moses & Singer LLP
- Web Site: http://mosessinger.com/
Gideon Rothschild focuses his practice in the areas of domestic and international estate planning and asset protection, including the use of sophisticated estate planning techniques in the representation of high-net-worth individuals. Mr. Rothschild is a nationally-recognized authority on the use of offshore trusts and estate planning strategies for wealth preservation and succession planning. His clients include professionals, real estate developers and owners, closely-held business owners and directors of publicly-held companies. His practice also includes estate administration and the representation of clients in taxpayer disputes at the federal, state and local levels.
Mr. Rothschild distinguishes himself from many of his peers in that his estate planning recommendations are integrated with asset protection objectives. That is, by educating his clients on the non-tax benefits available with trusts and other vehicles and how they can be drafted in a flexible manner, his clients can achieve both tax savings and wealth preservation. Such benefits include protection from divorce, creditors or litigation exposure.
Mr. Rothschild is the recipient of several honors and awards, including:
- Fellow, American College of Trust and Estate Counsel;
- Academician, The International Academy of Estate and Trust Law;
- "America's Leading Lawyers for Wealth Management" by Chambers USA;
- Worth/Robb Report "Top 100 Attorneys" serving private clients;
- Distinguished Accredited Estate Planner awarded by the National Association of Estate Planners & Councils;
- Citywealth Leaders List;
- The Best Lawyers in America®; and
- "New York Super Lawyers."
Mr. Rothschild is also the co-author of BNA's Tax Management portfolio on "Asset Protection Planning" and is a member of the Advisory Boards of BNA's Tax Management and Trusts & Estates.
He is an Adjunct Professor at the University of Miami School of Law and New York Law School Graduate Programs and lectures frequently on asset protection and advanced estate planning strategies to professional groups. Mr. Rothschild is also licensed as a Certified Public Accountant.
- New York Law School, J.D., with honors, 1980
- Bernard M. Baruch College of the City University of New York, B.B.A., 1973