- Practice Areas: Immigration
- Firm: Harlan York and Associates
- Web Site: http://www.immigrationlawnj.com/york.html
Harlan York is Former Immigration Chair of the New Jersey State Bar Association.
Mr. York is the only Attorney in the State of New Jersey to be named Immigration Lawyer of the Year 2012 by Best Lawyers.
His full service Immigration Law Firm, Harlan York and Associates, is located in Newark. The four attorneys at the firm appear regularly at Immigration Courts and Immigration Service offices in New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Connecticut and beyond.
The firm handles all immigration matters, particularly Deportation and Detention, Federal Appeals, Visa Petitions, Permanent Residence Applications, Citizenship, Employment and Family Based Immigration, as well as Deferred Action and all Applications for Victims of Violence.
Besides Lawline, Mr. York lectures often at programs run by the Federal Bar Association, the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education, Rutgers Law Symposium, New Jersey State Bar Foundation as well as ILW.com. He has been a guest speaker at New York Law School several times and judged at the American Mock Trial Tournament at Yale University.
He has appeared on Primer Impacto, televised nationally on Univision, as well as frequently talking about a host of immigration topics on Telemundo, NBC, and PBS. He was most recently interviewed on CBS This Morning with Charlie Rose.
In 2012 he was appointed Co-Chair, New York State Bar Commercial & Federal Litigation Section Committee on Immigration.
A graduate of Choate Rosemary Hall, the State University of New York at Albany and the Tulane Law School, Mr. York is fluent in Spanish.
Professional Webpage: www.ImmigrationLawNJ.com/york.html
Honors and Awards:
· The only attorney in the State of New Jersey to be named Immigration Lawyer of the Year 2012 by Best Lawyers
· Superb, Avvo
· US News and World Report Best Law Firms - Tier One
· Distinguished, Martindale-Hubbell
· Best Lawyers in America
· Super Lawyers
· Certified Women's Self Defense Instructor
· Former Immigration Chair, New Jersey State Bar Association.
· Former Chair, YLD, American Immigration Lawyers Association, New Jersey Chapter
Pro bono/Community Service:
· Judge, American Mock Trial Tournament, Yale University
Other Scholarly Lectures:
· Speaker, New York Law School, Detention and Expedited Removal
· Moderator, New Jersey State Bar Association; Immigration Law and Crime
· Speaker, NJICLE; Protecting Victims of Violence - Relief Under Immigration Law
· Speaker, Rutgers Law Symposium, Comprehensive Immigration Reform
· Lecturer, New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education , Removal Proceedings
· Lecturer, ILW.com Webinar, Family Based Immigration
· Lecturer, New Jersey State Bar Foundation, Current Immigration Policy
· Lecturer, Federal Bar Association, Immigration Consequences of Plea Bargains
· Tulane University School of Law, Juris Doctor, 1994
· State University of New York at Albany, Bachelor of Arts, Spanish (Regents Scholar), 1991
· Choate Rosemary Hall (Harris Scholar), 1987
Preview Courses Taught By Harlan
The Quick Preview will show here...
Get the Adobe Flash Player to see this video.
Advanced Immigration Waiver Practice: A Legal...
Prosecutorial Discretion in Immigration Cases
Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)...
Political Asylum and Gang Activity
U Visas: Benefits for Battered Immigrant Women...