- Practice Areas: Matrimonial & Family Law, Divorce
- Firm: Sherri Donovan & Associates
- Web Site: http://sherridonovan.com
Sherri Donovan, a top attorney, author, and speaker, is the divorce clinic specialist for the Service Fund of the National Organization for Women (NOW), in New York City. She is the author of Hit Him Where it Hurts--the take-no-prisoners guide to divorce, alimony, custody, child support and more. A cum laude graduate of New York Law School, she lectures about divorce for audiences as diverse as the United Nations, the New York County Lawyers Association, MSNBC, and CBS.
Sherri Donovan has completed training for divorce mediation at the Center for Mediation and Training. She has also completed training in advanced parenting coordination with the Conflict Resolution Collaborative and AFCC.
Divorce Lawyers for Child Custody and Support, Contested Divorce, Alimony Maintenance, Property Division, Divorce Advice and More
* Divorce clinic specialist for the National Organization for Women (NOW), New York City since 1990;
* Legal counsel, NYC Small Business Congress;
* Member of Family Law Section, New York State Bar Association (NYSBA);
* Member of Matrimonial Committee, Women's Bar Association;
* Member of Matrimonial Committee, New York County Bar Association;
* New York City Bar Association
* Association of Family and Conciliation Courts
* Sylvia B. Garland Award for Excellence in Civil Litigation;
* Reginald Heber Smith Fellowship;
* Community Service Award from Village Independent Democrats;
* Korean Small Business Award for legal counsel, and advocate and drafter of legislation for commercial rent protection.
New York County Lawyers Association; United Nations; Board of Education; YWCA; Learning Alliance; Behavioral Associates; Penn Plaza Brokerage; Women's Health Partnership; St. Luke's Hospital; Jewish Board of Family and Children's Services; Jewish Community Council; Coalition for Family Justice; Downtown Community Center; HSBC Bank; Los Ninos Young Child Expo & Conference.
MSNBC (Britney Spears); CBS (Christie Brinkley); The Geraldo Show; The Montel Williams Show; The Jennifer Regan Show; News Talk with Lisa Marie; UPN Channel 9; GS with GS(covering international divorce).
WWRL Radio Program; The Joey Reynolds Show; The Bev Smith Show; Classic Rock 104.3 FM; Forensic Perspectives with Mark Gottlieb; and over 50 syndicated national radio appearances.
Author of Hit Him Where it Hurts--the take-no-prisoners guide to divorce, alimony, child support, and more
NEWSPAPERS & MAGAZINES
Daily News; Jane Magazine; Associated Press; the Post; Newsday; Village Voice; Crain's; Cosmopolitan; Divorce Magazine; Amsterdam News; New York Law School Alumni Publication; Brooklyn Woman; Courier Life; and other local newspapers.
POLITICAL, CHARITABLE, AND PERSONAL AFFILIATIONS
* Co-founder of Power Girls organization
* Former District Leader, 61st A.D., Part A (Greenwich Village Area)
* Former Community Board Two Member, New York County
* Cofounder and Board member of Art Helping Life, a nonprofit dedicated to promoting cultural arts
* Cofounder and Board Member of Butterflies USA, an organization that helps street children in India
* Former Board Member of the National Organization for Women Service Fund; and the National Organization of Single Mothers, Inc
* Co-founder of the Village Temple's Soup Kitchen
* Advanced Scuba Diver
* New York Law School, Cum Laude JD 1985; Graduated number 1 in all civil litigation courses
* London School of Economics
* Bennington College